Claude Monet Wiki
Welcome to Claude Monet Wiki project.
We aim to gather and consolidate most available information relative to Claude Monet's life and art.
This project is in its early stage where the main focus is on defining a strong organisation for the information.
The final goal is to provide you with precise and acurate details.
Claude Monet's works on display in an exhibition somewhere in the world
As a start we focused on Claude Monet's 2012 and 2013 exhibitions.
We are happy to propose an extensive list of 2012-2013 exhibitions showing at least 1 work by Monet
Among them, 2 main exhibitions are touring the world:
The Clark's Collection International Tour
The Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Williamstown MA USA has one of the greatest collections of French Impressionism in North America. In March 2011, a number of nineteenth-century French paintings from the Clark's noted collection began a three-year international tour.
- Palazzo Reale, Milan, Italy ; Impressionisti: Capolavori della collezione Clark ; March 2 – June 19, 2011
- Musée des impressionnismes, Giverny, France ; La Collection Clark à Giverny, de Manet à Renoir ; July 13 – October 31, 2011
- CaixaForum, Barcelona, Spain ; Impressionistes: Mestres francesos de la colecció Clark ; November 17, 2011 – February 12, 2012 ;
- Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth, Texas ; The Age of Impressionism: Great French Paintings from the Clark ; March 11 – June 17, 2012
- Royal Academy of Arts, London, England ; From Paris, A Taste for Impressionism: Paintings from The Clark ; July 7 – September 23, 2012
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, Montreal, Canada ; A History of Impressionism. Great French Paintings from the Clark ; October 8, 2012 – January 20, 2013
- Mitsubishi Ichigokan Museum, Tokyo, Japan ; February 9 – May 26, 2013
- Hyogo Prefectural Museum of Art, Kobe, Japan ; June 8 – September 1, 2013
Impressionism and Fashion
- In Paris at Musée d'Orsay from September 25, 2012 to January 20, 2013
- In New York at the Metropolitan Museum from February 19 to May 27, 2013
- In Chicago at the Art Institute of Chicago from June 26 to September 22, 2013.
Exhibitions are a good way to discover unknown works coming from public and private collections rarely exhibited.
Claude Monet's paintings
Studying the exhibitions gave us a first collection of Claude Monet paintings images.
Claude Monet's works on sale
- Amazon Fine Art:
In August 2013, Amazon.com proposes 2 Monet's paintings for sale.
Claude Monet's works on auction:
- Sotheby's New York November 5th, 2012, Impressionist & Modern Art Evening Sale:
- Christie's New York November 7th, 2012, Impressionist & Modern Art Evening Sale:
- The Fine Art Asia 2012 in Hong-Kong, October 4th to 7th, 2012:
The oil painting "Pommiers en Fleurs" (Blossoming Apple Trees) by Claude Monet was on sale by the Gallery Gladwell & Company, London for $7.7 million at Fine Art Asia 2012 in Hong Kong from Oct. 4 to Oct. 7.
Other Auctions are also a main source for seeing Monet's unknown works.
Claude Monet Facts and Backgrounds
On the background we work on giving extensive informations, facts and details on:
Claude Monet today experiences
But the project also intends to promote today experiences related to Claude Monet's presence through places where he has been living or painting, museums and exhibitions where his works are shown, and related books.
- Claude Monet's living places